How Can Kids Make Robots at Home
Nowadays, we see robots appearing in so many areas of day-to-day life. Educators find that getting kids to make their own robots is not only fun but an awesome educational experience. It helps children develop their interests in STEM subjects early in their lives, laying a foundation for future study. But how to make a robot at home?
Making robots at home doesn’t have to be very complex or hard to do. Here are three kinds of simple DIY robots that parents can build alongside their kids.
1. The “Bristlebot”
A bristlebot is a simple and tiny robot your kids can build at home using a toothbrush. Cut off the bristle end of the toothbrush and connect a small pre-isolated motor with some coin cell batteries. This little setup is quite easy to make, but the experience of building it is rewarding and fun for kids. Here is a video to teach you to make a bristlebot step by step: https://vimeo.com/71254728.
2. A Rolling Robot
A rolling robot requires more materials and effort from your kids than a bristlebot does. However, the result is absolutely much more exciting and rewarding. For this project, we suggest parents assist your kids with the process, as certain steps involve handling a drill. We highly recommend the makers to wear safety goggles.
3. A Rowing-Boat Robot
Tired of only having robots move on the floor? This rowing-boat robot, which is made out of a DC motor and two batteries, can float and move along on the water. During summer, your kids can build rowing-boat robots with their friends and take their robots outside to the pool. Here is a video to walk you through the process of building this robot: https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-Toy-Rowing-Boat/.
The robots introduced above are family-friendly and easy to make; however, children tend to get bored quickly due to the simple structures and limited challenges of these robots. If parents found that how to make a robot at home doesn’t work, mBot could be a better alternative to these easy DIY robots.
- Bell is an Affordable Programmable Robot Kit for everyone. It can help your children improve their Education and make them capable of future with the abilities to excel in all fields.
- The Robot can be assembled in less than 10 minutes by a child and can be programmed to do important tasks.
- If you wish to enhance your child’s Science, Technology, Engineering as well as Mathematical educational abilities then this robot is the best choice for you.
- Children can play many fun games with each other and complete the tasks to have improved learning ability and confidence in Science topics.
- The Price ranges from $49.99-$59.99.